|Jennifer Gruenert, MS, CCC-SLP
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST / LEARNING SPECIALIST
|Education:||Master of Science. Speech-Language Pathology
University of Washington. Seattle, Washington. 2000
Bachelor of Arts. Summa cum Laude. Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology
Augustana College. Rock Island, Illinois. 1998
|Certifications:||Speech-Language Pathologist License
Washington State Department of Health. DECEMBER 2002-PRESENT
Certificate of Clinical Competence
American Speech-Language and Hearing Association. NOVEMBER 2001-PRESENT
|Selected Experience:||Western Washington University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic. BELLINGHAM, WA
Clinical Educator/Speech-Language Pathologist. JUNE 2008-PRESENT
• Supervise Western Washington University graduate students, including development of clinical skills related to the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of speech and language disorders: articulation, phonological processing, reading, oral language, written language, linguistic retrieval, social-pragmatic processing (including autism spectrum disorder), voice, fluency, and executive functioning skills.
The Learning and Language Clinic. SEATTLE, WA
Senior Therapist. NOVEMBER 2006-JUNE 2008
• Provided direct instruction in treatment and
evaluation techniques for new therapists and CFY therapists on staff.
Speech-Language Therapist. SEPTEMBER 2001-SEPTEMBER 2006
• Evaluated, diagnosed, and treated children, adolescents, and young adults with a variety of speech, language, and related learning disorders.
• Conducted learning & language skill assessments, made appropriate diagnoses, recommendations, and referrals.
• Utilized dynamic assessment and administered an extensive range of formal assessment tools. Provided feedback and consultation services for parents and professionals.
• Created educational handouts and gave presentations on topics related to language and literacy skills to clinic staff and community organizations.
|Selected Continuing Education:||Executive Function Skills in Children and Adolescents: Assessment and Treatment. Sarah Ward. MAY 2011
Special Education Conference: Improving Services and Results for Students with Disabilities. MARCH 2011